Meet Jan Bowers
Since 1995, Jan Bowers has worked as OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner, with special interests in perimenopausal and menopausal issues.
Jan’s background includes being a mother, wife, Psychiatric Nurse Specialist, and a Family Nurse Practitioner. She has extensive OB/GYN expertise and a PASSION for helping women through their own life phases, including perimenopausal and menopause issues, make her uniquely qualified to help other women through ALL of their own life transitions. Throughout her years of caring for patients, she has considered it an honor that patients share their life concerns with her.
She decided to move back to Bend because VIVA! GYN is focused on the same goals–and when it becomes WORK, she’ll retire!
- RN from Santa Rosa Junior College 1983;
- BSN from Sonoma State University 1985 with emphasis in sexual abuse issues.
- MSN from Southern Illinois University 1989 with with focus on mental health.
- Post graduate degree Family Nurse Practitioner Sonoma State University 1994.
- Worked as a Registered Nurse, Psychiatric Nurse Specialist, Director of Nursing, Nursing Instructor and Lecturer, Family Nurse Practitioner.